Calendar of Events in Verona
To see all the Arena Season you can visit: Arena Season
- Symphonic Season in February-April
- Fieragricola (Agricultural Fair) in March
- International Cinema Week in April
- Baccanale del Gnocco - takes place on Shrove Friday in the San Zeno quarter. A Carnival king is elected to represent the Papà del Gnocco, he is dressed in white and instead of a sceptre carries an enormous fork (prion) with a huge gnocco (potato dumpling). Large quantities of gnocci are cooked n the square.
- Vinitaly (Wine and Gastronomic Fair)
- Summer Theatre
- Lyric Season
- Fieracavalli (Horse Fair)
- Nativity Exhibition in December - an international collection of traditional and artistic nativity scenes held in the Arena under the arches of the amphitheatre.
- Palio del drappo verde in June - a popular race from della Scala Signoria times in Vallo Città di Nîmes under the old walls.